+follow home



»»» [INTERVIEW] (Eng Trans) Himchan @ 10asia
Tuesday, March 13, 2012, 6:39 PM 0 comment/s


My name is Himchan. It’s my real name. I used to hate it because when I was younger, I got picked on a lot for it but lately, I started liking it a lot more because people remember it in one time.
I was born on April 19, 1990. I have a sister 2 years older and long time ago, my father was fixed on the name “The gold eagle surprises the entire world” and thought, “This is it!” as this almost became my older sister’s name. 
I’m the only member out of the group to have a female sibling. My older sister is taking too~ much interest in B.A.P. One time, she said. “Hey! Bang Yongguk is so cool!” and I joked with her saying, “Don’t act like you know me, don’t take interest!” Also, I joked on the radio about how I didn’t like seeing my sister going around not washing her hair and I think she was upset by what I said. With this opportunity, I want to give her an apology as well as compliment her. Hrm…my sister…she has really amazing artistic talent! Haha. (Bang Yongguk: She even designed our signatures for the members).
I was originally doing traditional Korean music but I was introduced to becoming a trainee through someone I knew. I thought that because this field of music was like what I did in traditional Korean music where I can stand on the stage I loved. Anyway, majoring in traditional Korean music helped me realize to not have biased viewpoints in whatever kind of music it is. 
We recently switched over to promoting “Secret Love” from “Warrior” as our title song and it honestly feels surreal. I think our debut song “Warrior” will always be memorable in the sense that during promotions, we had a lot of incidents like how the stage collapsed or the mic broke, even our hands getting cut. 
I was briefly a MC for MTV’s music program “The Show” and I think I was able to gain quick reflexes because I’m not a person who thinks before they speak, so I end up just talking without myself knowing it. Ahaha, with having prior experience, I hope to make my official break as a music program MC. 
When the ‘Let’s pick on Himchan’ game is going on, I can’t use my reflexes in this case. When all 5 members corner me with their words one by one, I can’t help but feel surprised and when the younger ones keep joking, I feel that I need to draw the line! (Bang Yongguk: You have to sacrifice yourself in the sense that you’re a hyung to them and you liven the team’s atmosphere). I agree…with that. Yes, that’s right. Hrm…
The game we’ve been into lately is “Yoo Youngjae is a friend of music.” We have time to sign CDs and we go around requesting music so Youngjae would say something like “Today, Jung Daehyun who lives in Hannamdong sent us a story” and play the requested song.
Last year, I watched a movie called “World Invasion” with Himchan but I don’t remember it. (Himchan: He said we had to watch it but he fell asleep). When I saw the trailer, I don’t it was a Sci-Fi movie but seeing it, it was actually a movie praising the American Navy. After realizing that, I thought, “It’s better to sleep than watch this” so I ended up sleeping. Hrm hrm. I usually don’t prefer movies praising something. 
Normally, the dongsengs choose the menu for food. However, sometimes I would ask, “Hey, don’t you want to eat chicken?” and that day we’ll eat chicken. I do ask the dongsengs on what they want to eat but in the end, it means that ‘we’ll be eating chicken.’ Heuheu. 
Yongguk and I are the eldest hyungs but because the dongsengs are good kids, there’s no difficulties although we do have different backgrounds so sometimes we have disagreeing moments. In cases like that, we level with one another and find a solution where we can all agree. (Bang Yongguk: Pft, no no, that’s it). Ah…is that not it? 

SOURCE: 10ASIA (SOURCE); HEODANG @ TUMBLR (TRANS)

Labels: , ,